I co-founded SolUnesco, a Virginia-based solar developer (business partner Jon Hillis). We are actively developing ten projects. I also founded E&E Frontiers, an energy management consulting company (clients include: ICF, LMI, Nextera, Sol Systems, Standard Solar, U.S. AID, the U.S. Military, and the University of Delaware).
I have had the opportunity to serve on the MDV-SEIA Board for three terms and currently serve as Board Secretary and a member of the Executive Committee. I lead MDV-SEIA Virginia policy efforts and as a founding member, I participate in the Virginia policy discussions between MDV-SEIA, the electric utilities, and other stakeholders – colloquially known as the Rubin Group. As a leader and contributor to many of the DC, DE, MD and VA policies and programs promoting clean energy I provide deep-rooted historical context and draw on institutional knowledge and relationships.
I am running for election to the Board to:
- Foster collaboration between the solar industry segments based on a shared vision even when we disagree on issues
- Harness the passion within our industry while approaching policy development and advocacy with discipline and rigor
- Grow MDV-SEIA’s reputation as the voice for solar in the region
- Effectively deploy resources to compete with opponents who will be better funded
- Create opportunities to grow all solar segments and consistently demonstrate the economic benefits
- Partner effectively with our natural allies and engage broad-based support
My background includes
- Numerous C-Suite positions in both the private and public sectors: CEO solar developer, President energy consultancy, CFO power plant developer, SVP for power plant operations and asset management, Deputy Director of the federal regulator for offshore energy and a McKinsey energy & finance consultant.
- Clean energy volunteer advisor: Chair of the Energy Workgroup for Governor McAuliffe’s Climate Change and Resiliency Update Commission; member of Governor McAuliffe’s Energy Committee; and President and founding Board member, Virginia Advanced Energy Industries Coalition.
- Education: MBA from the MIT’s Sloan School of Management and BA in Economics from Colby College.