The Solar Fundraiser: Tesla™ Sweepstakes
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online Sweepstakes page or follow the instructions in 4(a) or 4(b) below, and who are at least eighteen 18 (years old) as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, Canada, and other countries only where offered and permitted by law who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside.Employees, members of the Board of Directors, and the contracted Executive Director of the Maryland, DC, and Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA) (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of MDV-SEIA, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about May 18the, 2015 and ending November 2nd, 2015. All online entries must be received by November 2nd, 2015, 11:59PM ET. In the event that 2,500 Sweepstakes entries are made prior to the ending date, MDV-SEIA reserves the right to move up the drawing date of the winner.
- How to Enter: Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by mailing an entry or submitting the online form as set forth below:
- To make a donation and enter the Sweepstakes: Donate through the online form provided on this Sweepstakes Website or as described in section 4b below. To make a donation and receive an entry or entries:
- $100 donation will receive (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
- $250 donation will receive (3) entries in the Sweepstakes.
- $450 donation will receive (5) entries in the Sweepstakes.
- $850 donation will receive (10) entries in the Sweepstakes.
- $1,650 donation will receive (20) entries in the Sweepstakes.
Indicate your choice of the donation options set forth above and your choice of payment method.
- To enter the Sweepstakes without making a donation: Handprint your name, address, day/evening phone number and email address on a 3″x5″ card and send to: Tesla™ Sweepstakes, c/o MDV-SEIA PO Box 181, Washington, DC 20044. Your mailed entry must be postmarked by November 2nd, 2015. Limit one entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes period. All mailed entries must be received by November 2nd 2015 at 11:59PM ET.
All Entries: The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of MDV-SEIA. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Official Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of MDV-SEIA.
- Prizes: MDV-SEIA will arrange for $75,000 to be paid to Tesla™ Motors at Washington DC, 1050 K Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001, United States on behalf of the first place winner towards the purchase of their vehicle. Anticipated fair market value of one of the Tesla™ 70D models is $75,000 (before tax credits, etc.). Please note, the payment by MDV-SEIA on behalf of the winner is not limited to purchasing this model, and the winner may elect to upgrade/downgrade the car as they see fit, however, in no event will MDV-SEIA pay any amount greater than $75,000 to Tesla™ Motors on behalf of the winner. The specifics of the vehicle shall be solely determined by the winner and the Tesla™ sales representative. Depictions of the car shown in informational materials on the MDV-SEIA website and elsewhere, including www.Teslamotors.com, are representative only and not the actual car. All taxes, fees, assessments, title and registration fees, destination charges, delivery, insurance and like charges associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. MDV-SEIA assumes no responsibility for a prizewinner’s taxes or other obligations, and suggests the winner consult her/his tax advisor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event that fewer than 2,000 entries to the Sweepstakes are made or less than $180,000 in donations are made, the prize will be, at MDV-SEIA’s option, cash only, administered as a “50/50 prize,” calculated as follows: half of the net donations (as determined by MDV-SEIA) awarded to the winner of the Sweepstakes. In the event that $180,000 or more in donations are made, the first place winner of the Sweepstakes may choose a prize of $50,000 in cash or the $75,000 payment on their behalf to Tesla™ Motors by MDV-SEIA. The prize is nontransferable.MDV-SEIA does not provide any guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in connection with any vehicle purchased using the prize. MDV-SEIA accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the manufacturing or condition of any vehicle purchased and no warranties, express or implied, are made or offered by MDV-SEIA. Winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges, including, but not limited to license, title and registration fees, local, state and federal taxes, and destination and delivery charges when and if a vehicle is purchased by the winner. In addition, all costs of vehicle ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission MDV-SEIA to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entries will be capped at 2,500.
- Winner selection and notification: A winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor through a certified drawing service. A winner will be notified via email to the email address they used to enter the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection.MDV-SEIA shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within fifteen (7) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that MDV-SEIA, anyone acting on behalf of MDV-SEIA, its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: MDV-SEIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, MDV-SEIA may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by MDV-SEIA. MDV-SEIA reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. MDV-SEIA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, MDV-SEIA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from the MDV-SEIA. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless MDV-SEIA, Tesla™ Motors, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, consultants, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington, DC, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: MDV-SEIA, PO Box 181, Washington, DC 20044. Requests must be received no later than November 13th, 2015.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is MDV-SEIA, located at PO Box 181, Washington, DC 20044. Tesla™ and Tesla™ Motors have no involvement with, or responsibilities for, this Sweepstakes.