Marketing and Communications Intern
Posted January 14th 2018
We are currently seeking an energetic, engaging individual to join our small team. Your main responsibilities will be related to social media, website management, press releases, and coordinating materials for advocacy campaigns.
You will report directly to MDV-SEIA’s Manager of Operations and Policy, and work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Internship Duration: Spring (opportunity for extension through summer is available)
- Maintain MDV-SEIA’s website and post content to social media sites
- Create content for email campaigns
- Assist with drafting blog posts and press releases
- Research news articles and develop content for MDV-SEIA’s bi-weekly e-newsletter, Solar Flare
- Support event planning processes for MDV-SEIA events
- Develop graphics and templates for advocacy materials
- Assist the Executive Director and Operations and Policy Manager with other administrative tasks on an as-needed basis
- Completion of or working toward a college degree
- Ability to work independently within a small staff setting
- An interest in learning more about renewable energy, while expanding current skill set in communications and marketing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, and WordPress is preferred
- Professional work experience is a plus, but not required
This is a paid part-time position that will provide great networking opportunities as you seek post-undergrad or post-graduate employment. Work hours can be structured to meet the individual’s needs.
Who should apply:
Students or recent graduates with an interest in renewable energy, sustainability, and communications. Relevant majors include Marketing, Business, Communications, Events Management, Government/Political Science, Environmental Studies, or related fields.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter with the subject 'Marketing and Communications Internship' to director[at]mdvseia.org